"Your Life is an Occasion, Rise to it!" ~ Mr. Magorium
"We must face tomorrow, whatever it may hold, with determination, joy and bravery" ~ Mr. Magorium

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Call me Mud!

I posted on Facebook the other day that I was upset with myself because I had done something so stupid that I didn't want to own up to it. Of course someone asked me if I reconnected, so to speak, with my ex-husband. Thankfully no, that was not the case.

So let me back up to the beginning of the story. Thursday Cade had his appointment with the ENT in Wilmington. So I was in Wilmington for most of the afternoon/evening. Let me take a moment to add, when did the traffic in Wilmington get so bad? So after Cade's appointment I decided to stop at a store that sells gluten free food. I was there for a while perusing the selection of food they had. After leaving that store I went to Target to see if they had an orange sweater for my Velma costume. SCORE! They did! By the time I did all that and fought traffic, I realized that I was not going to be home by 6:30.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays Kai stays after school to practice with his instrument and then he goes to a friends house. Him and his friend go to soccer practice and I usually get him about 6:30.

So I called the friends mom to let her know that I was going to be late. I arrived at the friends house a little before 7:30. It just so happens that she is related to a person that I have known since I was about 17. He was best friends with my ex-husband. So I started talking to him and catching up since it has been a long time since I have seen him. I had left my car running because I hadn't planned on staying, but now that I was chatting I asked Kai to go turn my car off. Kai came back in the house with the keys. About 30 minutes later I decided it was time to head home, I walked outside to discover that the headlights to my car were left on. I said something to Kai about it, that he shouldn't leave headlights on. I explained to him that leaving the lights on could kill the battery. So I get in and crank the engine and my battery was dead! So I'm pretty sure Kai now knows that I was telling the truth and not just telling him a fib in order to keep him from doing something. Like when I tell him that his eyeballs are going to fall out of his head if he doesn't take his contacts out at night! lol
So I got a jump and went home. When I arrived home I decided that I better leave my car running for a little while to make sure the battery was good and charged. I didn't want to get up the next morning and have no transportation.
The next morning I got up early to do a workout. After my work out I got Kai up and told him to take the dogs out. I got into the shower. As I am showering Kai comes into the bathroom and says, "Hey Mom, did you know your car is still running?" I immediately freaked out! I said no, is it still running, Kai said YES! I yelled at him to get it turned off! All I could think is that it's got to be nearly out of gas. I mean it ran from about 8 pm until about 6 am the next morning. So after I got out of the shower I had Kai go see how much gas was left. I had just filled up my tank in Wilmington the day before. Thankfully it had only blown through about half a tank. That still upset me though, I was so mad that I forgot the car was running and now a bunch of gas that isn't exactly cheap had been wasted.

Who forgets that their car is running and doesn't realize it until their son tells them the next morning???? Apparently ME! And I would totally think that someone was stupid if they forgot and left their car running all night. Just call me Mud!

I don't think anyone else is going to say, oh that happened to me once...Cause this kind of thing can't possibly happen all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment